TOWNSHIP TREASURER'S STATUTORY DUTIES
- Collection of real and personal property taxes
- Deposits Township revenues in approved depositories
- Invests township funds in approved investment vehicles
- Collection of mobile home specific tax and special assessments
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Disburse Landfill Passes (To be used at Orchards Landfill April 1st thru October 31st - one per residence)
- Processing Address Changes for Tax Bills - request must be submitted in writing
- Inquiries on balances owed for current year tax bills - questions on prior year delinquent bills must be addressed to County Treasurer Office (269-983-7111)
- Processing of Dog Licenses for Hagar Township Residents - December thru February. Residents must have correct paperwork validating up-to-date vaccinations and License Renewal form from Berrien County Animal Control.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 2023 Summer Taxes were mailed by July 1st 2023 Payments are payable July 1st through September 14th 2023.
- Payments must be received at the Township Hall by September 14th to avoid interest charges.
- Delinquent taxes for tax years 2022 and before, must be paid to the Berrien County Treasurer's Office. For the total amount due (including interest and penalties) and payment options, call Berrien County at (269) 983-7111.
Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund (MIHAF) was established under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 to mitigate hardships associated with the coronavirus pandemic. Homeowners that meet lower income levels and occupy their primary residence may be eligible if they can show financial hardship directly related to COVID-19. Information on this program and qualification requirements can be found at Michigan.gov/MSHDA.
Checks and money orders are accepted for all township services. In addition, payment for some services can be made by credit/debit card or eCheck via Point & Pay. Learn more...
KIM LASATA, TREASURER
KAY OHST, DEPUTY TREASURER